Solicitor Application Instructions
- The permit process begins with a completed Application. Along with the completed application, each applicant will need to provide a valid photo ID or Driver License. For the additional solicitor application, click Here.
Approved applications shall be accompanied by a forty dollar ($40.00) fee for the original solicitor or applicant, plus a forty dollar ($40.00) fee for each additional solicitor. This fee shall be paid to the Decatur Police Department. Forms of payment acceptable are credit/debit cards, money orders or cash. Money orders must be made payable to the Decatur Police Department. No refunds will be issued.
- If said applicant is a corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas, the corporation shall provide a certified copy of the charter or articles of incorporation to be attached.
- If said applicant is a corporation incorporated under the laws of another state, the corporation shall provide a certified copy of its certificate of authority to do business in the State of Texas, and that shall be attached.
- A permit may be denied if the applicant has been arrested/convicted/adjudicated of certain felonies or misdemeanors, or had other specific unfavorable judgments.
- Upon approval, each applicant will receive a solicitor permit letter and must be present at all times while soliciting in the City of Decatur.
For questions, contact Chief Delvon Campbell at (940) 393-0300 or via email. Please turn in all applications to the Decatur Police Department, 1601 S. State St., Decatur, TX 76234
ARTICLE II. - PEDDLERS AND SOLICITORS